Since ancient times, it has been believed that wearing and contemplating a certain gemstone has a beneficial effect on the human body.
The Oriental physicians, unlike the Western ones, do not trust mixtures and pills, as medications do not eliminate diseases, but only muffle symptoms and reduce pain for a short time. They believe that similar things are treated by similar things, and therefore by nature. And our whole world is a chest of precious gems – the best medicine for many diseases.
You may be incredulous that minerals can be used to diagnose and treat a person. However, thousands of years of experience in folk medicine confirms it. Today, scientists are studying such a science as lithotherapy, and there are even whole resorts in Bulgaria, Switzerland and the USA, specializing in the treatment of stones.
In the modern view of lithotherapy is that the vibration of a stone is almost identical to that of a person, so minerals can optimally stimulate the energy flows in the body. For lithotherapy, predominantly energetically saturated, purified and polished minerals are used.
But how did this not fully studied and at the same time promising method of treatment arise? Eastern researchers believe that lithotherapy originated in what is now India. An old man with a bad headache was once sitting on the bank of a river, contemplating the world. A stone lying in the sand caught his eye, he took it in his hand, put it to his temple, and a few minutes later the pain disappeared. He repeated the experiment with other people and wrote a treatise on lithotherapy, which states that the world is composed of crystals “dissolved” in the air, water, earth and even the human body, and their energy should be used in the name of health.
In order to thoroughly understand all the subtleties of treatment with stones, we will try to study some issues of lithotherapy. To begin with, we want to warn you in advance that you are unlikely to cure serious genetic diseases, but you can easily fight headaches, “scare off” a cold, and prevent some diseases. Before learning about the properties of the mineral, let us study the chakras (areas where vital energy is concentrated). After all, they control the physical and psychological health, and it is to these points that the energy of the stone should be directed.
- SAHASRARA – Applying diamond, agate, amethyst, jade, rock crystal to the top of your head will harmonize the spiritual spheres, improve metabolic processes, as well as alleviate karmic diseases.
- AJNA (third eye) – lapis lazuli, flarite, sodalite, amethyst increase intuition, mental strength, relieve headaches, reduce appetite.
- VISHADHA (throat) – celestine, lazurite, aquamarine, turquoise increase optimism and sociability, treat throat and lung diseases, improve metabolic processes.
- ANAHATA (heart) – watermelon tourmaline, rose quartz, jadian develop compassion and kindness, have a positive effect on the nervous system and heart, relieve depression.
- MANIPURA (solar plexus) – malachite, emerald, rose quartz, aventurine develop qualities of leadership, heal gastrointestinal and skin diseases.
- SWADHISTANA (just below the navel) – ruby, citrine, moonstone, carnelian increase sexual energy, heal diseases of the genitourinary system.
- MULADHARA (crotch) – tiger’s eye, ruby, agate, hematite, heliotrope increase vitality, activity, improve cardiovascular system, gastrointestinal tract, vision, relieve headache.
What is the therapeutic effect of this or that stone? Of course, in one article we can not list the properties of all crystals, we will give only the main ones.
- The diamond protects from evil eye, cleanses the face from blemishes, promotes a normal course of pregnancy and facilitates childbirth. Preferably, this stone should be given as a gift or inherited, as it is believed that a diamond bought for yourself is of little use.
- Amber – stabilizes internal enzymes responsible for metabolic processes, neutralizes toxins, is beneficial for diseases of the throat, thyroid gland, liver, kidneys, and joints.
- Topaz protects the immune system, strengthens the nerves, enhances optimism, and helps to balance the emotions.
- Aquamarine helps with respiratory illnesses and clears the mind.
- Carnelian was used to place it on the eyes in case of headaches.
- Jasper: An excellent healer of gynecological diseases.
- The chrysoprase aids in the treatment of eye diseases; the contemplation of this stone reduces the sight-rattling.
- Carneol – strengthens teeth, soothes fevers and nervous diseases.
- Ruby: Helps with headaches, purifies the blood, and strengthens the heart.
- Rose Quartz – Helps with headaches and psychosomatic illnesses.
- Malachite – helps with colds and allergies, acts favorably as a general tonic.
- Lapis Lazuli: Calms and soothes, lowers the body temperature, protects the heart and kidneys.
- Emerald is a gift for eyes, it improves vision, and is good for fever, leprosy, and epilepsy.
Don’t be in a hurry to grab any stone at once. First, you need to choose and purify a crystal (you don’t know what kind of “memory” it has, do you?).
Only real gems are necessary for healing, and it is not necessary that they correspond to your Zodiac sign.
In order to choose the right stone, you should put five or six different semi-precious stones in front of you. Then close your eyes and try to imagine your crystal. Then open your eyes and take the stone that first attracted your attention and hold your hand over it. If you feel warmth, trembling, or a slight jolt, then your energetic vibrations are compatible. Well, if in doubt – repeat the procedure 2-3 more times.
However, one must remember (as confirmed by scientific experiments with stones): gems are “living” and have their own “nature”, “memory” and can multiply. True, time flows quite slowly. If 100 years is a century for us, to a stone it is but a breath.
According to scientists, the stones are very finicky creatures, capable of absorbing and generously giving back any energy, even negative. Therefore, before making a healing water or using a stone for external use, put the gem under a stream of cold running water – let it be free of accumulated energy dirt. After that, place it in the sun for 24 hours so that it will be well absorbed by the energy of the daylight. Or make an “earth bath” by burying the stone in the soil, which is known to have natural magnetic properties and the ability to remove negative energy. But before taking the crystal in your hands, try to calm down and put your thoughts in order. Try to establish a connection between you and the mineral – to become affinity or at least to feel comfort.
Now you can start the treatment. But first try to give a clear task to the stone. For example: “I want the stone to be a good remedy for a stomachache (headache, fever, etc.).” When you have a bad headache, press two crystals (rose quartz or aquamarine) to your temples. Don’t be afraid to experiment, because you already know where the chakras (energy zones located along the spine) are.
If you think a stone is out of place, try to move it. And move it until you feel comfortable – the point is found and you can leave the stone there for as long as you want.
Oriental medicine is both paradoxical and simple, like all geniuses, so you should not neglect lithotherapy. After all, this science is designed to increase the amount of energies that enter the body, as well as to harmonize the existing reserves.
Try it – and you will be healthy!
Healing water can be prepared at home. Take ordinary mineral water without gas and a crystal radiating healing vibrations. The stone is kept in the water for some time, then it is taken out. Now the gem and the water have a great “memory” and “remember” their mission to heal. The water can be drunk and the stone can be applied to the sore spot. The famous Fitzgeralds and English Stuart aristocrats were constantly receiving “medicine” in the above manner. Each family had their own family “doctor” who was famous for his ability to cure various illnesses, including mental disorders.
How to determine the sex of a gemstone?
“Feminine stones” are unhappy on the hand of a male owner, and “masculine” on the hand of a woman. “Male Stones” are brighter and have warm tones and shades, “Female Stones” do not shine as much and have cool colors and shades.
Through the Glittering Crystal
A calendar published in Augsburg in 1491 shows the connection between the body, the stones and the signs of the Zodiac.
Aries corresponds to sardonyx, Taurus to carnelian, Gemini to topaz, Cancer to chalcedony, Leo to jasper, Virgo to emerald, Libra to beryl, Scorpio to amethyst, Sagittarius to hyacinth, Capricorn to chrysoprase, Aquarius to rock crystal and Pisces to sapphire.
Stolen stones are known to have mostly negative qualities, while bought stones become talismans many years later. Real talismans are stones donated or inherited.
P.S. By the way, Christians are convinced that man is mAcrospace in mIcrospace, and not the other way around. That is, man is greater than the visible space. This, of course, must be understood spiritually. But from this position the “liver” or the “spleen” cannot dictate man’s destiny.